Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Coffin Mini

My favorite Friday night activity is watching Laura Denison make amazing paper crafts.  This past Friday she made a Coffin Mini album.  Oh...how fun!!  You can catch her UStream classes on Friday nights, 7pm (Pacific Time), there is a link to her UStream channel on her blog.

Here is my coffin:
I went for a more pretty look, than scary.  The hand is from a little party favor pack I bought at my local grocery store.  The lace was gathered to give the impression of a sleeve/cuff.  Roses from I Am Roses adorn the corner along with a Maya Road stick pin from my friend Michelle.  The center panel is a piece of chipboard I painted with black acrylic paint and then applied a heft coat of Crackle Accents.  Around the perimeter of the box, I added 1/2" ScorTape and applied ultrafine black glitter for some sparkle (ok...it is actually to cover up a mistake, but you can't tell!).

Here is a close up of the decorative elements:

Have a fantastic rest of the week! 
Christy

No comments: